1. Flight International is a very reliable magazine specialising on aviation.
2. In its 15-21 August 2017 issue it carried a report on Malaysia Airlines’ decision to buy A350-900 Airbus aircrafts to replace its A380 Airbus aircrafts.
3. According to Izham Ismail, MAS Chief Operating Officer, there will be major benefits from the aircraft switch.
4. In the reports in Flight International, the carrier MAS is scheduled to take six A350-900s from Air Lease, with the first two arriving by year end.
5. Now we hear reports that Najib has told Trump, the President of the United States, that he would buy 58 Boeing aircrafts worth USD 10 billion. The purchase includes a number of Boeing 787 Dreamliner, a competitor against Airbus A350-900.
6. Is MAS going to buy Airbus A350-900 or Boeing 787 Dreamliner or both.
7. Was there a decision made by MAS to buy the 58 Boeings or was this a personal decision by Najib as a bribe to get a photo opportunity with Trump.
8. Under the new European CEO MAS is said to be recovering. Is it in the plan of MAS to buy 58 +6 new aircrafts. Where are these planes going to fly too. Must be a lot of new destinations.
9. Although there were reports that MAS had agreed to the purchase of these huge number of aircrafts it doesn’t speak well of the management to suddenly expand its routes. Or is MAS trying to please the P.M. at the expense of commercial wisdom.
10. MAS cannot even get rid of the six A380’s which are hardly being
11. All these will affect MAS’ bottom line. Are we going to see another round of failures of the national airlines?