1. I had previously pointed out that in Malaysia no one should act above the law, no matter how exalted is his or her position.
2. But it seems that the law at times allows itself to be used at the behest of those in positions of authority.
3. Those in charge of maintaining the law find themselves forced to abuse or misuse their authority by those in higher positions than themselves.
4. There is growing evidence, as reported in the media of abuses happening.
5. This is depressing. Malaysians should feel safe and protected by the law and not find themselves at the mercy of those in authority or in exalted positions.
6. Disrespect and abuse of the law will lead to anarchy with growing sentiment against the oppressors among the oppressed.
7. And those in exalted positions, repeated abusive behaviour will render themselves inconsequential to the lesser beings.