Several blogs have given space to a scurrilous statement that I, my
wife and my children, have USD 199.45 million and S $ 42,000,000 in
fixed deposit in the Israeli National Bank in Singapore.
2. The scum who alleges this does not have the guts to give his name.
UMNO can make a statement about the money I gave to Dato Abdullah when
I stepped down. Better still Dato Abdullah can explain how much of the
1.4 billion Ringgit in cash, shares and property that my staff and one
of his Ministers handed over to him is still with him.
I give full permission for the Israeli National Bank to make public
these accounts so that I can claim the money said to belong to me and
6. As for the anonymous scum, give your true name, I/C and address so that I can sue you.
Oil Price and Bus Fares
1. Every time the Government increase oil price, the bus companies would be told not to increase fares.
I do not like to see passengers having to pay more. But how do bus
companies make profit or even survive if increases in cost are not
compensated by increases in fare.
3. I can understand if the
Government requests the bus companies not to increase fares too much.
But there must be some increase.
4. Perhaps the Minister does
not understand that businesses are not charitable organisations. If the
Government cannot be charitable by absorbing the cost, why should
businesses be asked to absorb the cost in order to make the Government
Government to cut down cost
1. As one of the measures to reduce the effect of the increase the price of oil Government will reduce spending.
2. Since salaries and operation cost cannot be reduced, development cost would have to be curtailed.
When Government projects are stopped a whole lot of people will lose
their income. This include the contractors, the sub-contractors, the
suppliers, the transport companies and of course the workers. But even
the nasi lemak sellers would lose their income and the workers would
have no money to eat at the stalls.
4. Actually this was what
happened when the Government decided not to go ahead with the so-called
mega projects. With this idea about reducing Government spending the
people who had suffered would suffer even more.