1. I read
somewhere that the Singapore Parliament made up of 82 PAP (People’s Action
Party) members and two opposition (made bankrupt by the Singapore Government)
have just passed a new law which defines one person as an assembly. Before
according to Singapore laws, 5 people would constitute an assembly and police
could arrest them if they had not obtained permission to be together.
2. The new Public Order Act (POA) gives power to the police to tell even
one person to move on because he has now been defined as an assembly.
3. It is explained that this POA is to prevent destabilising street
protests seen in Thailand and terrorist attacks such as Mumbai.
4. I am sure with this new law,
Singapore will not see a one-man demonstration or riot.
LITTLEST MIDDLE KINGDOM
1. When I wrote about the Little Middle Kingdom I thought that it would annoy
some Singaporeans. But apparently it angered this fellow who writes under the
name of “Shuzheng” so much so that he is quite incoherent in his
2. He talks of “Lee Kuan Yew comes around and flashes off at him like a
mirror” which he concludes is “the reason he (Mahathir) hates Lee
3. The he praised Kelantanese Nik Aziz. I cannot quite understand him when he
puts in brackets, “(reminds of the good Kelantanese Nik Aziz, excepting
the moments that Nasha fellow came along to vomit on his lap)”.
4. He is also upset with “a motley of St. Xavier types, drifting, selfish,
quarrelsome, middle-aged and old men, endless days on the Net, illiterate in
maths, science and history, jobless, absent of identity roots, confused
personalities, Chinese who can’t read Chinese, not even their mother’s name,
Tamil who cannot read Tamil and all write in bad English”.
5. His writing are of course brilliant examples of good English.
6. He confesses that Kuan Yew “is concerned about preserving the Chinese
identity” and apparently not of the Singapore identity which would include
Indian and Malay.
7. He decried the Malay population, “drowned as they were into deadness by
the bellicose shouting, name calling, quarelling and insults….”, and
then “Added to this dint** obstructing clarity is the drum beating from
the sidelines of Mahathir, the Malaysia Today iliterate horde”. (**Wonder
whether he means “din”)
8. He stated that I was English educated but I am sorry I cannot understand his