2. It is fine to determine everything by majority vote and not by consensus. It is fine only if the loser accepts the winner. But when the loser refuses to accept the decision of the majority and launches a campaign to undermine the party, the only result would be a split and therefore a weakening of the party.
3. With UMNO the loser took the case to court and the party was made illegal. When revived it lost a huge chunk of the members.
5. Fortunately the voters in the General Election restored UMNO Baru’s credibility and strength. Otherwise UMNO Baru would have become Peking Duck, deader than the Dodo.
6. History has many lessons for us. As George Santayana said: “those who forget the lessons of history will be punished by making the same mistakes over and over again” or words to that effect.
7. But we never like to learn from history. We think our case is different.
8. No. Actually our case is the same.
9. You can interpret this any way you like.