2. All must remember the fun and games and the great days of schooling. And many must be nostalgic about those days of youth, uncomplicated by the need to struggle for a living. Of course there were exams to get through and that can be a bore – except when you happen to be a distinction kid.
3. I think it is payback time now. Not many schools have hit the century. But in 2008, SAHC became 100 years old.
5. But I don’t think we are so poor that we cannot donate a month’s income over a period of 2-3 years.
6. Easy to say but what about you? Well my pension is half my last drawn pay. That makes it RM10,000 per month. In a generous mood I will give RM20,000. Maybe more later, Insya’allah.
7. So how about it? Don’t pledge. Just give. Anything less than one million Ringgit will be accepted.
8. Please make out crossed cheque to SAHOCA Centennial Fund c/o Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid, 05460 Alor Setar.
Mahathir bin Mohamad
Class of 1946